National operate a varied UK fleet of over 6000 vehicles, including 3300 light commercials, comprising a wide variety of specifications from 4×4’s to tippers, engineer vehicles and welfare units. Bri-Stor had worked with National Grid previously on various projects, developing a good relationship.
National Grid went to tender with a contract for 250 vehicles per year, with 12-15 different vehicle specs required. They required a supplier capable of offering a complete “one-stop-shop solution for their fleet, including design, manufacture and installation of internal fixtures, livery application and and de-fleet services. Vehicles included large and small panel vans, drop-sides, 4×4’s and HGV’s. The varied nature of the vehicles required added to the complexity of the project from an engineering perspective.
Throughout the tender process, Bri-Stor were able to demonstrate their capabilities across the board as a complete conversion partner and were able to win the contract.
Fully managed initial specification review process
Issue of technical specification
Management of all sub contract elements of build
Management Information issued via web portal
– 10 qualified design engineers with various specialities including the latest auto-electrical systems
– All engineers are fully conversant with Solid Works 3D CAD design software
– All quotations accompanied by illustrations outlining suggested fittings
– All conversion components manufactured in house utilising sister company Alpha Manufacturing.
– All products designed and manufactured in accordance with ISO9001
– Utilising the latest automated manufacturing technology to generate an efficient production processes in line with our lean manufacturing policy.
– Site planned to reduce unnecessary vehicle movements in order to make the conversion process run as efficiently as possible.
– Dedicated team of operation staff with key skills in managing accounts.
– Full knowledge and application of latest compliance requirements
– Live data relating to each aspect of the build process.
– All driver bookings undertaken and manged by National Grid and confirmed weekly with Bri-Stor.
– Bri-Stor work to strict KPI’s on delivery date and time to BT UK hubs throughout the UK mainland and NI.
Engineering were able to fully manage the specification process and conducted complete vehicle reviews, complete with fully detailed compliance, technical sign off and inspection documentation.
Vehicle livery was produced and fitted on-site via an in-house graphics department – hex Signs and Graphics. Bri-Stor also offered a managed De-fleet and recycling process including final handover to the auction house.