Group Management Accountant
We are looking to strengthen our Accounts team with the recruitment of a Group Management Accountant.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, confident and well-organised individual who has previous experience in finance to join our expanding team. In this role, you’ll be supporting the Finance Director and taking responsibility for overseeing much of the day-to-day financial transactions including month and year end reporting and the production of management accounts, as well as the day to day management of the finance team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the finance department
- Managing a team of three accounts assistants, ensuring the team are supported adequately and have clear guidance on what is expected of them
- Coding of ad hoc purchase invoices, sales invoices etc.
- The processing of expenses across the business
- Managing weekly cash flows
- Reconciling bank accounts
- Journal creation and input into nominal ledger
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation
- Reconciling and recharging expenses
- Preparation of monthly accounts
- Managing and controlling the Balance Sheet, including production of monthly reconciliations
- Control the Fixed Assets register
- Supporting the external auditing process
- Control standard costs for materials
The ideal candidate is well organised, self-motivated and ready to join a busy Finance team. The role is varied and will require you to work on your own initiative and possess excellent time management skills. You will have a flexible approach and be able to prioritise your own workload in order to meet deadlines and deal with simultaneous demands. You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Qualified or part qualified to CIMA or ACCA is also preferred but not essential.
To apply for this job email your details to Karen.Barnacle@bri-stor.co.uk.